Keto Chocolate Pudding
NUTRITION SUMMARY (PER SERVING)
|Calories||Fat||Protein||Total Carbs||NET Carbs|
This is one of my personal favorite Keto desserts! I almost always have some in my fridge, and I enjoy some at the end of my day a few times per week, sometimes with a dallop of whipped cream (sugar-free, of course).
The key ingredient here (as with most Keto “puddings”) is the amazing chia seed. Don’t be afraid — it sounds weird, but they’re really amazing little seeds. They have lots of omega-3 fatty acids, and are good sources of niacin, thiamine, riboflavin, folate, and many important minerals including magnesium, calcium, iron, and zinc.
When chia seeds are put in water or other watery liquids, a gelatin-like coating forms on them which gives them a “pudding” type consistency. Without a strong flavor on their own, they take on the flavors of whatever they’re mixed with — in this case the cacao powder and artificial sweetener.
This is really good stuff — but be careful not to overindulge, especially if you’re making it with heavy cream — the calories can add up and stall your weight loss.
Scroll all the way down for the video!
Keto Chocolate Pudding
Got a sweet craving! This is a great dessert option!
- 1/4 cup chia seeds
- 1 tsp maca powder optional
- 1/4 cup coconut cream or heavy cream
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 tbsp raw unsweetened cacao powder or unsweetened cocoa powder
- 7 drops stevia or other liquid sugar-free sweetener
- 1/4 85% dark chocolate bar shaved for garnish
Mix the chia seeds, coconut cream, almond milk, cacao powder, and stevia.
Let chill for at least 15 minutes in the fridge. For breakfast, chill it overnight.
- Add some whipped cream (unsweetened) on top for some extra yum!
- Substitute heavy whipping cream for the coconut cream if you'd like
- Different chia seeds absorb different amounts of liquids -- so use your best judgement to add more seeds if the pudding seems to watery. After mixing for a few minutes, before it goes in the refrigerator, it should be quite thick already.
- Substitute other sugar-free liquid sweeteners as you'd like -- I usually use monk-fruit extract.
Like this recipe? Share it!
CHECK OUT OUR MOST POPULAR RECIPES
CONFUSED ABOUT KETO?
Get a FREE copy of my popular book
SUPER SIMPLE KETO
and stop feeling overwhelmed!
KETO FOODS & RECIPES
JOIN THE KETOJAM FAMILY
Subscribe to the KetoJam newsletter for all of our new recipes, program updates, and our exclusive discounts on our training and coaching programs.